Last updated : March 2023
If you’ve any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer/Team at [email protected] and we’ll always do our best to answer your questions.
To help us provide the highest quality products and services, we use information from interactions with you and other customers, as well as other parties.
We respect your privacy, and have implemented procedures to ensure your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
We’re committed to handling your personal information securely.
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are conducted through a secure server. You can tell your data is secure by looking for the padlock icon. However, because no data transmissions over the internet can ever be guaranteed 100% secure, we cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Our Braintree payment security operates on encryption Level 1 PCI compliant.
The legal basis we rely on
In certain situations, we may need your details such as full name, address and telephone number to complete and deliver your order.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you personalised offers or incentives or if you're a trade customer we may email you a yearly discount code as part of your trade account.
In certain situations, we may use your personal details in compliance with legal obligations. For example, in the event of fraud or theft.
As a customer of Parks (London) Ltd, you have rights with regards to how we use and hold your information. This includes:
- The right to access the personal information that we hold about you.
- The right to change or rectify the personal information that we hold about you (if you have an online account you can do so here).
- The right to erasure or restrict the processing of personal information that we hold about you. This includes automated decision-making programmes or profiling.
- The right to stop direct mailings or email marketing.
If you want to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer / Team: [email protected] / T: +44 (0)20 8830 6300 (phone lines are open Monday to Friday, excluding UK national holidays).
Cookies, Web Beacons & How We Use Them
What is a Cookie?
A "cookie" is a small data file stored by your Web browser on your computer or mobile device [hard drive]. It allows us to recognize your computer (but not specifically who is using it) upon entering our site by associating the identification numbers in the cookie with other customer information you have provided us. That customer information is stored on our secured database.
What is a Web Beacon?
Can I disable my Cookies & Web Beacons?
You can, of course, disable cookies and web beacons on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. However, it’s possible that some parts of our website won’t operate correctly if you disable cookies.
The Information We Collect
Generally, you may browse the website without providing any personally identifiable information. However, we may ask you to provide personally identifiable information at various times and places on this website. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, you may not be able to access all parts of this website or participate in all its features.
We receive and store any personally identifiable information that you enter on the website, whenever you shop with Parks (London) Ltd online, or information you give us in any other way, such as by joining Parks Club, subscribing to our emails, or mobile messaging.
- Registration Details, e.g. Title, Name, Postal Address, Email, Telephone / Mobile Number.
- Card Payment Details used for transactions: Card Name, Number, Expiration Date, CSV number, Billing and Delivery Address.
- Username and Password.
- Purchase and Returns History.
- Customer Service information including enquiries, comments, complaints and information exchanged with our customer service team.
If you use one of our services or participate in one of our surveys, promotions, or sweepstakes, we may ask for additional information, such as your age, interests, or product preferences. From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use. When you visit this website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses and may collect general information concerning your location. We may use the automatically collected information for a number of purposes, such as improving our site design, product assortments, customer service, and special promotions.
Your personal data is also collected when you:
- Interact or engage with us on social media.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions, such as the Hot List Competition.
- When you fill out any forms on the Parks (London) website, such as product reviews, trade account application forms, outlet visitor forms, stock notification emails or catalogue sign-up forms.
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- CCTV security systems, when you visit Parks (London) Ltd or park in our car park. These systems may record your image when you visit.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to offer you the best customer experience as possible. Purposes include:
- To complete your purchase transactions.
- To provide the services you request.
- To send you our catalogues and other offerings by mail.
- To identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- To notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased.
- To improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience.
We may also create Anonymous Data Records from Personal Data by excluding personally identifiable information for the purposes of business research and to perform statistical analyses of users’ aggregate behaviour in order to enhance and improve the services we offer.
How Long We Hold Your Data For
We only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as your account it open with us.
Parks (London) Ltd has specified retention periods for these purposes and customer orders will be kept for a maximum of five years, after which the information will be deleted or anonymised for business research and analysis. However, there may be a legal basis, such as the prevention of fraud and crime for which we will hold your information beyond this five year period and we may share your information with a law enforcement body, when required to do so.
Third Party Sharing
Parks (London) Ltd will never sell, trade or rent any of your information to any third party and this includes, but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, email or credit card information.
However, we may share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers, couriers and other third-party contractors to fulfil contractual orders that you place with us and to provide the services you request. Parks (London) Ltd also uses a data management company and newsletter service where your data is stored securely.
Social Media Advertising
Parks (London) Ltd engages in online social media advertising on social media sites including Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
On these social media network sites, we target Parks (London) Ltd content, videos and ads to you when you are on other websites and social media sites. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags and cookies, as well as specific services offered by social media networks, such as Facebook Custom Audience services.
Our Mailing Lists
From time to time, you may receive promotional emails and newsletters from us about our products and services. You will only receive promotional emails if you have opted in to receive them from us on the Parks (London) Ltd website or have given a third-party permission to share your emails.
If you do not want to receive emails from Parks (London) Ltd you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us or by emailing us at [email protected] or calling us on 01444 253391 (phone lines open Monday to Friday 9:30am - 5pm, excluding national holidays). Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
Please note, if you place an order with us, sign up for an out of stock notification email or are a VIP customer we may contact you by email or telephone if we have any questions or queries in relation to your order or need to update you with regards to your account or order. In all instances, this will not re-subscribe you to our newsletter service.
You will receive postal communications from us only if you have opted in to receive them.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us via post, then let us know at [email protected] or by calling us on 01444 253391 (phone lines open Monday to Friday 9:30am - 5pm, excluding national holidays) and we will unsubscribe you from our postal mailing list.
Please note, we print our catalogues and postal communications up to twelve weeks in advance and so you may receive one further catalogue/postal communication.
If you sign up for our SMS Services, you'll receive marketing text messages from Parks London. You’ll only receive these promotional SMS messages if you have opted in to receive them or have given a third-party permission to share your details.
To opt out, simply reply 'STOP' to our text message or email [email protected] with your subscribed mobile number and we'll remove you from our SMS mailing list.
Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
How Can I Subscribe To Your Postal Or Email Mailing List?
If you’d like to subscribe or have previously unsubscribed from our mailing list, you can easily subscribe again. To do so please take the following steps:
To re-subscribe by email, please head to the Parks (London) website and enter your email address into the newsletter sign-up box. You will receive a confirmation email that you will have to opt-in to hear from us.
To re-subscribe to our postal mailing list, please email [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)20 8830 6300 (phone lines open Monday – Friday excluding UK bank holidays).
Online Account Registration
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the Parks (London) Ltd website for an online account.
As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
Children (Under 18's)
The Parks (London) website is intended for use by persons over the age of 18 and we will never knowingly collect any information or market to children under the age of 18.
If you suspect that we have collected information on a person age 18 or under, please email [email protected] and we will take all the necessary actions to remove this data from all of the Parks (London) controller and processor databases.
If you feel that Parks (London) Ltd has mishandled your data in any way, that your requests have been dealt with incorrectly or if you are concerned about the way we handle personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
You can report a concern by visiting the ICO’s Website here or by calling the ICO’s helpline: 0303 123 1113.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
User Generated Content
By consenting to allow Parks (London) Ltd to use your social media post on the Parks (London) digital platforms such as the Parks (London) website, Parks (London) social media channels, a User Generated Content gallery page, and email communications, you are agreeing to the following policy.
All posts and content tagged with the #parkslondon or #parkslondonfragrance, # parkslondonscentedcandles and/or @parkslondon, or used on the Parks (London) Channels, including without limitation, your name, biographical information and all other names, usernames, pseudonyms, text, likenesses, graphics, logos, images, photographs, videos, clips, GIFs, moving images and all other information and material shall be referred to in this policy as "UGC”.
- You hereby grant Parks (London) Ltd. all necessary permissions and/or consents, to use, reproduce, alter and publish your UGC including, without limitation, the right to adapt or amend your UGC, (subject to your rights in paragraph 7)
- Any UGC you provide will be considered non-confidential.
- You give us the right to use your UGC on all of the Parks (London) Ltd Channels, when provided with the tags listed above, for any purpose, including to market and advertise our products. Publication and/or refusal of your UGC will be at our sole discretion prior to usage. After publication, we incur the right to remove your UGC at any time.
- Your recognition is important to us. For this reason, we will use your personal information, insofar as your social media username and/or the text written in your post to credit you as the copyright holder when publishing your UGC to any of the Parks (London) Ltd Channels.
- You are not entitled to any financial reward or fee if we use your UGC on any of the Parks (London) Ltd Channels.
- You understand that the information data we collected from using your UGC is in line with our Privacy and Security Policy found here.
- You reserve the right to revoke your decision to allow us to use your UGC at any time from the initial point of agreement. This includes the right to erasure or restrict the processing of personal information that we hold about you in regard to your UGC. Please email [email protected] if you wish to revoke permission for your content. Please allow 28 days for this request to be actioned.
- We reserve the right to amend this UGC policy at any time so please check back here every time you upload or tag your UGC.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your rights within the UGC policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer / Team: [email protected] / T: +44 (0)20 8830 6300 (phone lines are open Monday to Friday excluding UK national holidays).
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions we’ll do our best to answer and provide additional information whenever possible.
Contact our Data Protection Officer / Team :
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8830 6300